too much blood

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'll explain this as simple as i can. 3 pm this day, i go to toilet to poop and keep on looking at my stool. At first my stool is normal until the last small one which has a fresh blood on it, i don't mind it since i know i have anal fissure through searching on internet. i keep on trying to poop but the blood is keep on dripping until i finally stop coz i got scared. Now, 10 pm i decide to poop again and it's the same, the blood is dripping when i force myself to poop. it's like I'm pooping blood. When i touch my butthole it hurts, it's like it has fresh cut. I've been experiencing this but it's just a small blood. Now it's not. IS THIS REALLY AN ANAL FISSURE? or a serious condition? please help me. I'm 28.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

99% nothing serious. Just dont push too hard ... Now on serious note. Adjust diet and plenty of fluids. Monitor your stool

• Posted

Thank you. I'm just worried since i don't know if the blood is coming from the inside or it's definitely from my anal fissure. But all i know is it's a fresh red blood.

• Posted

I'm no Dr, but from what I understand blood that is concerning would be showing up in your stool as black bc it is coming from inside your intestines/GI tract, etc. Fresh red blood to me indicates its near the opening and the stool gets some on it on its way out... which sounds just like what happens if you have a fissure.

• Posted

I think you need to get to ER. GET THIS CHECK THIS OUT. Loss of blood will cause anemia. That's not good. And other health issues. Please get help. You cannot wait to see doctor. Good Luck.

• Posted

I don't think it's a LOT since the blood is dripping in water which makes it spread but i do need to go see a doctor if this symptoms keeps on happening. Thanks for your advice

• Posted

It sounds like you have a fissure and you're straining too much. Think of when u have a cut on ur finger and u keep squeezing it, more blood comes out right?

Also, you said you went to the bathroom first at 3pm and then again at 10pm that same day.You shouldn't need to go to the bathroom again that soon, so are you forcing yourself to go? Bc that is what can cause fissures in the first place.

My husband used to do that, he would think everytime he ate a lot of food or felt full that meant he needed to go to the bathroom lol, or if he didnt go everyday hed go sit on the toilet and force it. Eventually he ended up with severe hemorrhoids bc of this. He def learned his lesson of forcing it that's for sure haha.

I would advise to stop forcing your bowel movements, and stop straining/pushing when you're going. Add more fiber to your diet and exercise helps keep you regular also!

• Posted

Hi. You 2nd your hubby should try stool softeners. They help me and my wife from straining when we go. Also if you take pain meds it will constipate you. Ok Good Luck😎

• Posted

Oh good to know! I used to use those years ago, I forgot about them haha. Maybe I will pick some up for him then this week
  • Posted

Do not strain for a bowel movement.  This can cause fissures and haemorrhoids.  If you are constipated, try a stool softener and eat plenty of fruit and vegetables.  However, you should also see a doctor and don’t try to self diagnose on Dr Google.  This will stress you more.  Your doctor will give accurate answers.
    • Posted

Thank you. But i do feel, some doctor take advantage of your situation when they see that it's nothing serious. What I'm scared about is, if the doctor adviced me to do colonoscopy which is very expensive here in my country. I know it's better to follow your doctor but for now i want to monitor my stool first since this (a lot of blood than what i experienced before) is new for me.

• Posted

I agree with you Tres3s, it sounds like it doesn't warrant a doctor visit yet. Work on your diet, try some stool softeners and stop straining when having a bowel movement. If it persists after you do all that, then go see a doctor.

• Posted

Your doctor will not take advantage of you. He or she is there to help and reassure you!  You will not be pushed into invasive, expensive tests unless your doctor thinks it is necessary.  Doctors don’r behave like that.  If seeing blood in your stool is a new symptom for you, this is a very good reason to see your doctor.  If I were in your position, I would be seeing my doctor.
  • Posted

Fresh, red blood is often from anal fissures and haemorrhoids.
  • Posted

I just want to update you guys. Just this day 12:30 pm i tried to poop again to see if it has blood inside or blood in my stool. But my stool still so normal for me, a yellow stool, no blood, i dont feel there is a cut again. After waiting 1 more minute sitting, i stopped pooping to avoid straining myself again. I know i should be seeing a doctor since it's about blood but for now i want to keep monitoring myself inside the toilet until I'm convinced it's really a MUST to go to.

• Posted

Please see my first comment.

Adjust diet and drink plenty of water. Its just a small cut..that could leave you bleeding a tiny bit... Its just that you see it disolve (even a drop of fresh blood) in toilet water and it may look like you are loosing galon of blood...

Here do not worry at all... Doctor would send you home and tell you to be gentle when pushing and fix your eating habbits.

Take care my friend

• Posted

Thank you so much. I don't want to worry since i have been depressed for months this year thinking negatively. Anyway, i just ask one of my friend which is a new doctor if i need to see a doctor asap and she says yes because it might be operable. But i don't want to until it persists again. I hope my decision is good for me. I just don't want to spend money for nothing serious.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.