Too much caffeine

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi

Just a few days ago I started feeling a little lightheadness. As I worry about it, I could bring on this very slight feeling so I could even be imagining it. Blood pressure is fine at 123/71' I'm wondering if I could be drinking too much coffee. A year ago I hardly drank it at all, but now I could drink 5 mugs a day (instant coffee). Any ideas.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey smile yeah I think it is your caffeine intake I say this due to experience I suffer with anxiety and I realised after drinking a couple of coffees and it triggering a panic attack that caffeine can make me worse so I've limited myself to one a day now caffeine releases adrenaline and to much adrenaline triggers a panic attack/anxiety symptoms eg your light headedness , do you ever shake slightly? If so that's the caffeine to.hope this helps
  • Posted

Shallow breathing...  You maybe focusing on 'whatever' and getting into a habit of shallow breathing.   I have a very bad habit of doing this.  So when you go to exert yourself, or refocus and go to move you maybe lacking a little oxygen.  It is not uncommon, because we suffer with pain issues all the time we are used to 'instantly holding our breathe or shallow breathing on onset of pain or waiting for pain to subside.  Even we attempt to move we hold our breathe, sometimes longer than we realise...   

It may not be the situation at all in your case.  But thought I'd mention it, as it could be a  possibility.  

• Posted

Thanks guys.

I can relate to all that you've said. I'll just try to relax and cut out the coffee.

• Posted

I agree with less caffeine. Too much of something is never a good idea and balance is the key. May I also suggest an adequate intake of water as it makes up a lot of our brain. Natural things like fruit and veg. too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.