Too much joint pain, Any good home remedies for relief?

Posted , 14 users are following.

I have been through a lot this past year and have to work a lot in order to get my life back. Experiencing Joint pains now from past week. are there some good home remedies for joint pain.

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Ginger . Fish oils. Blue berries. Make ginger tea with chopped ginger and boiling water, you will be amazed. Good luck.

• Posted

If heat is a comfort to you ( doesn't help everyone, I know) I'd try a wheat bag/microwave. much more convenient than hwb

I've had OA for more than thirty years and have tried TENS, Wax therabath and wheat bag. All have helped a bit and it's a comfort to feel your muscles, which will have been tense, in an effort to protect the painful joints, relaxing.

What I will not use are pills. All they do for me is make me feel sick and ill.

Hope you find some comfort soon.

• Posted

I just tried a local massage Indian guy this past week after a friend suggested and that relieved me for three days. Will go to him again.

• Posted

in same position as you and take tramadol nefopam which i can take together theirs ibuprofen but i cant take bad for guts but it worked when taken brings inflammation and only the illegal weed is supposed to work don't know haven't tried it but thinks it should be allowed if it works

• Posted

Yes weed is allowed i think .. I should try this one out too.. 😃

• Posted

Hey there,

First and the best thing is to increase your water intake. Pay attention to your sleeping position. It will help to lie straight on your back with your legs a bit elevated to help with the blood circulation.

And finally, you might wanna consider taking some vitamins and supplements. I would be glad to recommend those that worked for me

• Posted

Hi,

After falling 25ft from a scaffold tower over 30 years ago, breaking both of my ankles and shattering both heels, I was told by the hospital I would be "riddled with arthritis" by the time I was 40. How right they were. I now have arthritis in my feet, knees, back and neck and more recently hips. I would also be grateful for any home remedies that could help with my pain.

I've been prescribed near every pain killer known to man, they just don't really help.. I am now on slow release morphine patches, which have helped more than any tablets I have used. Maybe other sufferers who haven't tried them should ask your Gp. about them.

Regards,

• Posted

I sent a link to a cream I and others have recommended but, as I know some links are moderated, I sent it via PM as well. This will have arrived without any context as my post on the open forum was deleted which seemed a bit harsh. I cannot see that I offended against any terms and conditions.

• Posted

Thank you to everyone who replied 😃 I just opened my email today to check this post about joint pain. I tried massage from local indian guy and that relieved me a lot. Now my joint pain is fine 😃

• Posted

Ice packs and Tiger balm from Boots chemist does help a lot, just from my own experience, of course anti inflamatory tablet if it gets too bad. Hope this helps. Regards

• Posted

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions, I will definitely be trying some of your remedies.

Regards,

Phil.

• Posted

I get help from laying on a far infrared pad, hot and cold compresses, Ibuprofen, swimming and gentle exercise, and staying away from allergy foods. Good luck finding the things that help you the most!

• Posted

Acupuncture and diet really help as well as warm oil rubbed in the joints....whenever I eat processed food like pizza or the like I really take two steps backward. Keep a food journal and eat mostly fresh vegetables and fish...cherries are good for you...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.