Too much too soon?

Posted , 11 users are following.

I have been doing very well I am 6 wks tomorrow post right tkr and decided I would try and reduce my meds so dropped everything apart from my anti inflammatory everything was going well until I went to a concert on Sunday night and was standing and rocking to the music I would say dancing but it wasn't quite that lol today my knee is hugely swollen very tight and stiff and my good knee is absolutely killing me. I think I may have been a bit stupid and done too much too soon needless to say am back on my painkillers :-( just worried I have damaged my non operated knee.

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Well after 2 days chilling and rest my bad knee feels a lot better but my good knee is still painful it's feeling like my bad knee did before the op but not quite as bad. I knew that eventually I would need the other one doing due to the arthritis but was hoping I'd got a couple of years at least :-(
    • Posted

Hello Joanne, during the early weeks my good knee was far more painful, and I like you, thought it would need to sooner rather than later. Since I  have been walking up stairs properly and taken strain off the other knee , it has got a lot better. You are still in early days, sounds as though you are doing really well .good luck

pam 14 weeks 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.