Too much xanax in one day??

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been having to take xanax a ton lately for this 5 day long panic attack I've been on. I took one last night and woke up (im assuming once it wore off) feeling short of breath and extremely panicky.. Took another one this morning about 5 hours ago. Now I feel like I need another..

Why is my body suddenly just not calming down? I'm just generally scared for some reason today, I think its because I know I'll be eating Alot today, something which I've been basically refusing to do since my anxiety started back in February.

My therapist yesterday got a bit deeper into why I suddenly have this issue, but my time was basically up so I had no choice but to wait until next week to get into that more.

How much xanax is bad? I'm only taking half a pill at a time, but I dont want to get my body used to this, along with intensified panic after it eventually wears off.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

You know it is an anxiety attack and you know it will pass. Its okay to be able to ride it out without a xanax. Its an adrenaline rush.Learn how to ride it out it will be way more useful for you to cope as the days and years go forward.  Feel it and let it wash over you. Its okay.
    • Posted

The formula i found in my own life with xanax. Say during the worst times i had was one a day (id say at night or early morning) three days tops. Stop three days then again. Yes there are days you have to suffer with it. I never got addicted to it. I have used it iver 20 years like that. But honestly over the past years maybe ten a year. I have to be careful with it because i have ither issues with ailments but it is an emergency usage thing. You really have to learn to ride it out to combat it overall.you just do. Otherwise best to seek out a safer alternatives and go thru the start up five or six weeks thing that seems to occur with anti depressants that give you a few years of relief before you are basically back to square one anyway. These pills are not cures they calm you down when your body escaltates out of control. Imagine how much easier it can be if you did learn to ride the waves. Not saying it is pleasant at all, it sucks! But it deletes addictions and allowing the programmed reactions and behaviors to continue.therapy and tools and skills are must learn. I hope that made sense. This is a rough disorder to walk through life with but it doesnt seem any of us have the choice to rid it so we have to manage it or learn to manage it,

• Posted

Not it is..it isnt* allowing the programmed....etc
  • Posted

That all depends on what dosage you are on. How was it prescribed to you? Take as needed or every ? hours? Since you are taking only half I don't think at all that you are taking too much. Them couple day long panic attacks are hell.

• Posted

They are not sweets

Phone up the Surgery and explain what you are doing. All medications thrown down our Neck can cause problems and you need to understand that. Your GP script would explain the amount of medication you can take. You take to much of a drug, there are many things that can go wrong. When you start taking to many you may become addicted, follow your Doctors recommendations

Would you feel telling people here 

• Posted

Thank you everyone. I'm not even prescribed these meds, my doctor won't prescribe them for me until my psychiatrist tells them it's needed, but my psychiatrist told me yesterday that though he doesn't recommend these because they're addictive and not my meds, he doesn't see harm in me taking the amount I was..

I've been taking xanax probably 4 years since my friends suicide, and also never had an addiction problem with them. I haven't needed them nearly as much as I have this past week though.

Guess I'll just try to deal with it, give my body a break and eat some food with the family and enjoy it as much as I can. Thank you everyone. Hope you all (who celebrates) has a great Thanksgiving!

• Posted

Well turns out I couldn't handle it and took a Xanax right before my meal.. I ate for the first real time in what seems like months, and didn't feel one chest pain.. Since they're now wearing off, the pains are coming back. Now to just convince myself that this is an obvious sign that these pains are all in my mind. Gotta love it. I'm now 6 days behind on housework, decorating and shopping because I've once again been too scared to do anything. I feel so stupid for once again falling back into this cycle. Tomorrow it's all going back to normal because I'm Fed up with it all lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.