Too scared to tell dermatologist

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been on accutane for 4 months now on 60mg per day. I mainly struggle with acne on my face, chest and back but also get some down below quite often (I'm female) I don't shave as I have always been extremely prone to ingrown hairs and blackheads down below. I do use an electric trimmer though. 3 times now I had open cystic looking sores down there, my dermatologist is male and I feel too embarrassed to bring this up to him but I don't know what to do. Has anyone else struggled with the same thing?image imageimage

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

They do look like infected ingrown hairs. Why not take a few more pictures, exactly like the ones on here which are good quality, and show them to your dermatologist. That way he has a good idea of what you are talking about. Dont be embarrassed if he wants to take a proper look. He may even want to swab them. Does he have a female nurse that you could talk to first?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.