too skinny

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guy's, i am a little differant to you , i have silent reflux so i don't get any burning  i have a cough all thr time, i have been on the feflux diet and i have lost 3 stone , the problem is i am still loosing it and i am looking like a skelliton with skin, what do you people eat, i so need to put some weight on, thanx 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I'm suffering from gastritis/GERD and also had to modify my diet. I lost 2 stone in roughly 4 months. I started adding carbs to my meals. Here's my current diet:

Eating oatmeal with 2 bananas for breakfast. Sometimes 2 boiled eggs.

Between lunch and breakfast I mostly eat bananas again or drink milk or eat yogurt. Dairy doesn't seem to bother me in limited amounts.

For lunch I added 1 boiled potatoes with the usual meal: Either chicken, fish, cooked pumpkin or cooked carrots.

Between lunch and dinner I eat fruits again or eat custard/dairy.

For dinner I started incoporating 1 boiled potato too with the other meals, which is the same as my lunch.

Your aim is add carbs to your diet, not fats. However, if you have followed the diet for a significant amount of time for , like, 3-4 months then you could lighten up a bit on the diet...add more slightly fatty foods. I ate pizza today and surprisingly no reaction or upset stomach! So yeah, slowly adding normal foods to your diet will help you gain weight as well. Just ignore the spicy and very fatty foods!

• Posted

I also as well have Gastritis its not chronic but at times feels like it is .. But I eat anything and everything my symptoms started getting more prosody any late last month so I cut off spicy food which is my favorite I am Hispanic and now alchol drank once last week which now I plan to stay off for good cuz I think it the cause of whatever I'm feeling which I'm starting to think it's more then gastritis. Anyways I usaully eat one meal and it's usually fatty food fast food etc. I'm 160 sad I been skinny all my life from 115 to 130 as an adult now 160. The beer has caused me to gain weight and fast food lol yea not good. I also snack like cookies donuts milk cereal.. U should try eating junk that will help. Only if u r a healthy person. I'm starting Ideal Protein Diet next week Im not sure if it's safe to do so feeling the way I do my scale of pain 1-10 would be a 3 the highest it's gone 5 it's more discomfort.. Anyways sorry about my story lol but my advice eat junk wether it's once a day then snack on cookies etc
  • Posted

Yea so we r the other way around lol I'm trying to lose weight that's y I'm going on a all protein diet which puts your body under ketosis and attacks fat. So if anyone out there thinks it's unsafe to do with gastric problems please let me know as I will be doing this next week
  • Posted

Hi Janet, I too have gastritis, been like this for 14 months. I lost a stone and half in 12 months and the last couple of months another half stone.this has scared me. It's not a good look for me. I look like Malnourished. I started having build up drinks with full fat milk but this caused me sever diahorrea. So lost more weight. I am trying lactose free at the moment docs investigating weight loss. CT scan clear. Colonoscopy in 2 weeks. I am feeling a bit better and have put on 2lb in 2 weeks. Hope you feel better and add pounds soon x
  • Posted

Hi Janet

Have you  seen your Dr about the serious weight loss? I was unable to swallow Last November for 3 months and lost 14lbs over that period. The dietician at the hospital put me on a liquid food plan called Ensure2, providing your body with all the nutrients it needs ( apart from very little fibre ). It kept me alive but body developed other problems because of my inability to swallow. You REALLY need to see your GP this can lead to very serious problems.

Good luck

Margery

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.