Too young for this

Posted , 4 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hi,

To make this short is hard, because of all that has happened in my short life of 20 and half years, but I will try my best to make this short. In all my worries this topic is on my unhealthy habit of consuming alcohol regularly towards evening. On average a half a bottle. Also, my tolerance is high since I am only 20 year old 130 Ib female and have been drinking only for about 2 years, but not like this untill recent.

Before you judge I need to make clear that I have suffered from ocd and addictive behaviors since I was 13. There's a lot of anxiety and sadness I have from certain events or regrets. I was hospitalized when I was 13 for anorexia and than again for bulimia when I was 18 but I had the choice to leave so I left prematurely. As a replacement I went through many drugs weed,alcohol, cocain, extocy, meth,psycodelics, and tried prescription pills.

I got addicted to alcohol and its knumbing affect when I was18 but not fully since I didn't drink everyday. I was decieved into thinking meth was "molly" and got almost extremely addicted but was saved from fortunate circumstances and a great boyfriend. It took me about 4 months to overcome those affects and alcohol was something that helped me during those times compared to anything else. I had the craziest anxiety and paranoia I could bearly get anything done and of course I need to continue school and work or else I would have nothing.Now that I am way less anxious and in normal chemistry or at least not extremely out of wack im trying to kick alcohol out of my regular day.

I tried one day and had terrible insomnia and anxiety. How can this change? Is there any coping techniques or suggestions? I really don't want this addiction on top of all I've overcome? I want to enjoy being young for once and focus on my dreams!

Thank you smile

0 likes, 4 replies

Report

4 Replies

  • Posted

    Yes, if you're a heavy drinker over a prolonged period, then you will suffer from alcohol withdrawl syndrome.

    You basically have three choices, depending on whether you want to kick it completely or highly moderate it.

    For the former, visit your GP and see what options you have regarding detox.

    Taper off, that is gradlually reduce the amount you drink daily over a period of 7 - 10 days, so your body gets use to not having much alcohol slowly over a period of time.

    For the latter, there are drugs that will for want of a better description, dull the mind to alcohol, so it doesn't give you so much of a 'high' that it does now and you lose the want to drink frequently and in quantity, but it still lets you have a drink for social occasions, it is not complete abstinence. Paul or Joanna on here will describe that option in more detail.

    Report
  • Posted

    Hi young lady...oh bless you, all those terrible problems you have had.......and come through !!! Shows just how brave you are.....alcohol withdrawal is unpleasant, however it does not last for too long...have a word with your GP.....they can prescribe a mild tranquilizer to help you through the worst.....

    I had a desperate alcohol problem, ok was sectioned four times but I have now been okay for twelve years....I wish you all the very, VERY best, please look after yourself, good luck.....Deirdre xx

    Report
  • Posted

    Hi Angelina

    I am very new to this forum and I am not going to be a lot of help to you, all I will  say to you is that no one will judge you.....we all have our own demons that is we are on here.............

    There are a number of very helpful individuals who will chip in and no doubt offer sound advice and guidance.

    Good luck to you.

    Report
  • Posted

    HI Angelina, Yes, you have been through a lot but we will assist you. The first replies are brilliant and I would repeat seeing your GP is one and also realised that you have a problem is impressive. I wish you best of luck and do report back to us about your feelings or progress and this may take time. all the best Robin
    Report

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up