took a lorazepam an hr ago and..

Posted , 4 users are following.

im so calm right now my eye lids are heavy i haven't felt this calm in a while i actually thought i was high at first but sadly not stressing at the moment i gotta be honest feels weird. has anyone else felt this way?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Totally normal. ;-)   Some of it will go away with time . I use Diazepam and if I take it and lay back will probably end up sleeping. But if I'm active It will not make me sleepy. If you are going to drive make sure you can specially the first few days you take this.
    • Posted

ok lol good ive taken it before but today my anxiety was so bad i even had a panic attack when i started feeling strange taking the lorazepam im feeling a little better now. no driving for me smile also im on sertraline which is heightening my stupid anxiety 😭
  • Posted

You didn't mention a dosage which really makes a difference.I have 1mg tablets which I can cut in half. I started using lorazepam (Ativan) as a sleep aid so when I drive I reduce the dose.Aiso if you drink a hot drink  after taking it that will make it hit too fast and hard.
    • Posted

Opss, the reply was for you.

Exactly, same way I do with Diazepam. ;-)

• Posted

i cut my 1mg tablet in half and took .5
    • Posted

Totally normal. I started out with a quarted of a .5mg tablet of lorazepam. I hadn't ate all day from my anxiety and within a half hour i ate a full plate and felt like singing and dancing. LOL Try cutting it down to a quarter. It is a very addicting drug and your doc might ask you to go off of it sooner or later like mine has. So the less you take now the easier it will be to go off of it. wink I still only take  a quarter of my 1mg as needed for my panic. If it wont give me the results I want I'll take the next quarter. Tc and although lorazepam can make you feel great don't rely on it too much or it will get addictive and trust me, it is EXTREMELY hard to go off of it. 
    • Posted

yeah ive experienced lorazepam withdrawl its horrible my dr only gave me 10 tablets i only take half when its really bad panic attack mode bad lol
    • Posted

my doctor only gave it to me to diagnose anxiety. she said if you get better with this, then its anxiety, if you don't then theres something else going on. But since I wasn't eating AT ALL without it and I am already underweight I had to keep taking it in order to be able to eat. If i did I felt like I wasn't breathing and eating was not possible at all. so I got stuck on it 
  • Posted

Exactly, same way I do with Diazepam. ;-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.