Took too much paracetomol

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi,

this is really embarrassing but I'm sort of concerned but don't want to waste anyone's time. I'm awaiting surgery and I've been experiencing a lot of pain for a while now. however, last night I fell ill with a bug and have been very disoriented. it wasn't until this morning that I realised I had been taking the extra strength paracetamol and ibuprofen and have went over the limit for both. now I don't know if I'm still feeling unwell or if I'm having symptoms of taking too much medicine. along with being up and down to be sick I've been taking something every 4 hours, but forgetting my 24hour limit.

I've now got diahorrea, dizziness, sore tummy and extreme tiredness, but like I said, I don't know if this is due to my error or a bug. I think I've taken 4000mg+ but I honestly can't be sure.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

if u live in Britain then i would give NHS 24 a call and they would be able to advise. there number is 111

• Posted

Hi Emma,

Don't be embarrassed, you've been poorly and probably not thinking straight. However, you definitely need to phone 111 for advice or go to an A&E dept straight away and speak to a Doctor.

Good luck

• Posted

thanks you guys.

I phone NHS24 and they adv I go up to A&E.

• Posted

i would definatly contact a/e. paracetamol OD TAKES a while to damage the liver. depending how much youve taken you might need to have a blood test and perhaps treatment to ensure no damage has been done.

unfortunatly i know all this as i took a paracetamol overdose purposly and it was explained that i coukd still hsve been at risk 2 weeks later without treatment

please get yourself checked x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.