Tooth abscess

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm in head splitting agony with an abscess on my back tooth.went to dentist today and she told me I have to have to badly abscess teeth out. Was then given antibiotics and told to keep taken nurofen and parecetemol which do nothing. Why couldn't they do it now ?  I won't be able to take the pain much longer

thanks gerry 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

BECAUSE PUS IS FLOATING ARROUND TOOTH ,, AND WHEN NOVACAINE IS INJECTED IT WILL NOT NUMB THE AREA CORRECTLY ,, WHICH MEANS THE PAIN WOULD BE SO INTENSE AND UNBEARABLE ,,, I HAD A ROTE CANAL DONE WITH INFECTION ARROUND THE TOOTH ,, U COULD HEAR THE SCREAMS OUTSIDE 
  • Posted

I was given clindamyacin for the pain of my absess and to take down the infection.. it has helped me so much. Ask your dentist if she can give you a perscription for that.
  • Posted

How long did you have to wait in the end to get your tooth sorted? Can you read my post (posted 4th September) aptly entitled 'please help :-('. I would appreciate any advice or personal opinions.
  • Posted

Hi ya, they can't numb the tooth with the infection so you can imagine if they tried to pull it like that. The antibiotics kicked in after 48 hours and I felt much better. I went to have the teeth out on Tuesday but was still abscesses so had to have more antibiotics. Try a hot water bottle on it and take nurofen then 2 hours later paracetamo. I'm really sorry for you I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy 

gerry

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.