Tooth abscess while on citalopram, can I take Ibuprofen?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I so hope someone can help me. I often have toothache which I usually deal with by taking co-codamol if severe or plain paracetamol if manageable but always with ibuprofen which I find the best thing due to it's anti inflammitory. I don't have a local dentist although I am on a waiting list for one but I also have a great fear of dentists following trauma as a child.

I'm now on citalopram which I've been on for the last 6 weeks or so at 20mg daily however I've been reading up and it says I shouldn't take ibuprofen with citalopram, is that right? Or am I ok to take it as long as it's not long term. Is there any other anti inflamitory I can take with citalopram as I'm worried my toothache wont resolve without ibuprofen. I am going to try and get some clove oil today.

Thank you xx

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.