Tooth decay and eye pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi all. i have asked a question on this before but wanted to ask again. i have really bad tooth decay in my very back upper tooth. i have been to the dentist and they said i would have to have it taken out at hospital. its been 2 months and still waiting for an appointment. anyway my question is. can tooth decay cause eye pain. in my right eye directly above the decayed tooth i have pain that sometimes makes me feel sick and also very bad discomfort. to the point im continually stretching my eye. also feels abit numb. and aslo been feeling light headed. please help. thanks ross

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Yes, decay is essentially bacteria. And the nerves of your teeth go up into your skull - it could effect your brain, eyes, and the infection can go into your blood. It can be life threatening. Didn't the dentist tell you that? Didn't they give you anti-biotics? Didn't they tell you that this is an emergency situation? I haven't been there but I hope it's ok to comment - my mom was a dental hygienist and would tell me these things because I had some tooth decay after a bike accident. But after anti-biotics the pain went away. Good luck.

• Posted

no, i told the dentist about my eye pain and he said see how it is after we take the tooth out. but i cant take it nomore. thanks for your reply. im going to see my gp first thing

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.