Tooth extraction

Posted , 4 users are following.

Okay guys, I have had a 5 tooth extraction a week ago tomorrow. I had 4 from the front pulled and one on the bottom left side. I already have my partial put in literally after the procedure. But the two teeth that it is connected to are really sore. Is there anything that can help with the soreness? Because I have on a soup diet since the procedure. Because it hurts to chew Believe me im ready to eat normal food. Since then I have lost 12 pounds. I was between 110-115 lbs before. Now I'm down to 96lbs. Trust me that's not good for someone is 23 years of age and is 5'2. How long does it take for the extraction site to close up? Not being able to eat and drink what I want is making me very very irritated.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Can you chew from the side where the teeth are fine ? 
    • Posted

Rocky, the partial is for the front. I had the front teeth removed last Thursday. I'm suppose to take it out at night. I took it out Friday night. It was so painful putting it back in the next morning. It very painful to the point the to where I was in tears just putting it back in. I look very unhealthy. People at my job has noticed my weight loss.

• Posted

Shyann, it may be that you need to brave it out with missing front teeth till the sockets have healed sufficiently for you to be able to put the denture in. If it's unbearably painful you should ask your dentist about it. If you've been told to take it out at night you must do this. Leaving it in overnight could cause additional problems. This won't go on for ever. The sockets will eventually heal and you'll have a good-looking, painfree mouth again.

• Posted

Sorry that one was for lilly. The partial is in the front. The teeth that the partial connects to are sore. So it really hard for me to eat. Even soft foods.
  • Posted

This is quite normal after the procedure you've had. Can you ask your dentist whether it would be OK to remove the partial denture for short periods?

• Posted

Lilly, the partial is for the front. I had the front teeth removed last Thursday. I'm suppose to take it out at night. I took it out Friday night. It was so painful putting it back in the next morning. It very painful to the point the to where I was in tears just putting it back in. I look very unhealthy. People at my job has noticed my weight loss.

• Posted

Re-posting my earlier post, just in case you didn't see it:

Shyann, it may be that you need to brave it out with missing front teeth till the sockets have healed sufficiently for you to be able to put the denture in. If it's unbearably painful you should ask your dentist about it. If you've been told to take it out at night you must do this. Leaving it in overnight could cause additional problems. This won't go on for ever. The sockets will eventually heal and you'll have a good-looking, painfree mouth again.

• Posted

I work full-time. I can't be on my pain pills while I'm at work. Because I work for the city. My job is very demanding and I have remember alot of information.

• Posted

Well, there aren't an infinite number of solutions. If you don't want to take pain pills you need to speak to your dentist again. I honestly think your only options are to keep the denture in during the day and put up with the pain or go toothless for another week or so - maybe only a couple of days - till you can bear putting the denture in again.

• Posted

Actually the worst thing you can do is to leave it out during the day and night because very quickly the teeth will shift and the bridge will not fit at all. What you need to do is go see your dentist and tell him it does not fit you. He made a mistake when he did the mold and had it made and it is his problem. He is going to argue with you and not going to want to pay for another but you've got to stand your ground.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.