Tooth flake

Posted , 3 users are following.

After I had eaten today I felt something stuck in my front bottom teeth at the back. I pulled it out and it was like a flake of tooth. There was no pain and it didn't take much effort to pull out. Also the piece that I pulled out was brittle. 

So my question is what should I do about this and what was it and why could it have happened. Thanks in advanced for help on my questions.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

See if you can find out where it came from.  It sounds as though a bit of tooth has chipped off.  It doesn't appear to be causing you any problems, you just need to keep an eye on things.
  • Posted

it's at the bottom right of one tooth, so it doesn't take up the entire tooth.
  • Posted

If it is rough, you might want to ask the dentist to sand it down, so that you don't damage your tongue
  • Posted

This sounds more like dental plaque, it primarily forms on the inside of the lower teeth and can flake off, you said it was brittle unlike enamel, sounds like you need to see the dentist for a clean, hope this helps?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.