Tooth pain!

Posted , 2 users are following.

2 years ago I had pain in my upper right jaw, couldn't pinpoint the tooth. My dentist found a cracked tooth, I had a root canal followed by a crown 6 months later and all was OK.

2 months ago exactly the same thing happened to my lower right jaw and I needed a root canal on another cracked tooth.

A couple of days ago I started feeling the same kind of pain in my upper left jaw! I only have 2 molars there, one a wisdom tooth. Both are filled, the furthest forward one heavily. It feels more like the wisdom tooth that hurts though.

What could be causing this? I'm embarrassed to go back to my dentist but I know I'll have to. Can anyone help?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I don't know why you'd be embarrassed to go back to your dentist. You've been helping him make his car payments on his Mercedes. Just kidding. But you have had a lot of expensive dental work done lately. Cracked teeth just happens sometimes. I mean do you eat a lot of ice or hard candy or things like that that could crack a tooth? Otherwise I don't see where it's your fault that the teeth are cracking. But you certainly might talk to your dentist about it and see what his or her opinion is of it. And if it's your wisdom tooth then you should just be able to have that pulled without having to cap it.

Good luck on your tooth problems.

• Posted

Thanks for replying. The only thing that I can think of that's hard is almonds. I eat these for a snack and they are crunchy.

As for the embarrassment thing, it's the typical English (of my generation anyway) "don't like to be a nuisance ". Silly I know! It's NHS so I've paid enough into it- since 1978. I will make another appointment with him and see what he says. I don't mind losing a wisdom tooth.

• Posted

I don't think almonds would break a tooth. But you did confess your approximate age and so I can see that your teeth are not a mere 20 years old. Lol So maybe it's just a matter of aging teeth.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.