Tooth pain and pressure caused by sudden climatic change?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello fellow sufferers,

My story started 18 months ago, after a couple of hours walk during a chilly winter day I came home and felt pain in my upper left tooth, which had a canal treatment about 10 years ago.

Tooth pain was very irregular and generally lasted a couple of days max... sometimes was very intense.. I couldn't even touch it.... on ocassion mild... but occured always after spending some time in different weather conditions.

That was the key.... changing climatic conditions!

First I visited my dentist who suggested the tooth was fine, but seemed like sinus related so suggested I see an ent.

Long story short, aftwr several ent visits and CT of sinuses... I was told I had chronic sinusitis and septum deviation., and was recommended surgery.

I started using antibiotics nasal sprays etc. etc. all the same story... the symptoms calmed after some time but still got sinus attacks but particularly at the times of sudden climatic changes!

I have figured out during this time that when there is sudden change in the air barometric pressure or the temperature I get awful tooth pain....nose not very stuffy or blocked.... but constant post nasal drip... and awful tooth pain... upper left tooth which had canal treatment 10 years ago.... after the pressure eases tooth gets back to normal and as if it has never happened...

I am considering surgery but I am wondering if anyone has experienced similar symptoms, namely tooth pain and pressure after sudden climatic changes.... for example a sunny , dry and warmer day (high pressure) after a week of wind clouds, chilly weather and rain (low pressure) or vice versa... or a short walk outside when outdoor temperature is 15 celcius degrees whereas indoors is 24...

Look forward to hearing from everyone

Thanks.

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.