Tooth Pain - Atypical Odontalgia?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, Would really welcome some informed opinion please. I recently had a route canal on front tooth after xray showed inflammation. After few days with very low pain the pain feels worse. Sometimes i have tooth pain that worsens with stress then dissapears. Sometimes i have tooth pain and it is real infection. I cannot tell difference anymore. Fridays are worse when i know i have to last weekend without dentists available. I have had lots of treatment some of which i dont know i needed. I am writing this 7 days after my root canal and the pain is bad, but i dont know its bad beacause its bad or because im imagining it bad. Tooth not sensitive to touch as it was prior. Is this Atypical Adontalgia as just heard of this condition? Many Thanks

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Use antibacterial fluoride mouthwash. Use the mouthwash 3 times a day until pain goes away. Make sure the mouthwash is warm before gurgling if cold it will make pain worse temporarily.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.