Tooth removal..

Posted , 3 users are following.

My girlfriend has severe tooth pain & has been to dentist & he is going to remove the tooth but she has to wait a month because that is the nearest appointment,how can they leave her in pain for a month??

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

This kind of thing makes me furious. No one should have to remain in pain for a month for any reason and toothaches can be very painful.

Your girlfriend needs to find a good dentist that will squeeze her in - NOW - Removing a tooth takes a minute!  I was in a similar situation recently, but my periodontist squeezed me in, in the middle of a busy day because I was in so much pain.  It's unethical for a dentist to make a patient wait like that.

Do everything you can to get into a reputable dentist chair, and have them remove the tooth and treat it.  She should cry, threaten too jump out of the window, etc. say anything to get her in.  Luckily I don't have a dentist who would make me wait, but if I did, you could help her by maybe calling the American Dental Association and/or other dentists (find one on Yelp in your area) that would fit her in.  Whereabouts do you live?

• Posted

Absolutely agree with trudilu! Find another dentist! No one should be in that much pain. Make it clear that this is an emergency! I found an oral surgeon that fit me in right away who was well qualified. You don't have to go to a general dentist first. Infections are serious and it could lead into the blood stream. Yelp was very helpful to me as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.