Top 3-5 Things that Helped you the most? (CFS)

Posted , 7 users are following.

Does not matter how weird it is, often the stupid stuff works the best, For me it has been:

-Fixing sleep ,Ditching computer usage/any kind of research at night few hours before going to sleep so you can fall asleep decently,have a good sleep and wake up well rested. (10/10)

-Getting a very easy job which I can scale and do at my own pace from home (10/10)

-Not stressing about anything, stopped reading any news, stopped being perfectionist or trying to change people or even reading about CFS or giving it any thought. (9/10)

-As a male, I stopped watching hot babes online and doing the other thing which is a huge energy drain on your hormone system (8.5/10)

-Started to eat clean, mostly ''whole food plant based'' , but not 100% ,doing it 100% messed me up even worse due to stressing about it and trying to do it perfectly/trying to convince others and defend my choice. It's good stuff however don't go crazy with it, 95% clean food and 5% junk food/meat will give 10x more overall benefit. (8/10)

These are my top things with added score how I rate them myself/how important they have been in recovery.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

1. Staying healthy in the winter. I may well start socially isolating every late winter/early spring.

2. Organic Plant based diet with healthy oils, good eggs, and clean meats, pasture raised if possible I've supplemented bio available minerals to benefit in the past but am now reducing that Keto did NOT work for me, but ample healthy oils are great.

3. Good Sleep

4.Exercise in moderation according to PEM and GET.

1. Mindfulness including the ability to walk away from stressful work or emotional situations. As with exercise a little bit of stress is good.
  • Edited

Not stressing about stuff definitely helps.

Meditating.

If my batteries run out - take a nap, its ok.

Lymphatic massage. This came about from following the Perrin Technique - which can make you feel worse before better but can have very good results. I've been doing it on and off for almost 2 years now and continuously for the last year. Am now able to get out for a walk most days without feeling any kickback, as long as I take it easy after.

Cranial massage and ice packs - comes from the above too. Sometimes the back of my head has felt really congested and hot after exercise, or just "because" - and brain fog comes with this. The ice packs really help. Sometimes I just need to do some cranial massage if I feel it tightening up and that relieves it.

• Edited

Hi Tom

Top 5 things would be:

1. Liver and gut cleansing
    2. Chemical detox - Far Infrared Saunas and avoiding chemicals (using natural products only)
    3. Having a purpose in life (hard if you lose your job, but need a new focus which isn't just researching M.E.)
    4. Gentle graded/paced exercise - started with gentle stretching, very short walks round the garden, a little Qi Gong.
    5. Meditation and spiritual practices and connecting with others doing the same.
  • Posted

That is a great idea to share what has worked for you!

What helps me a bit:

1. Getting 8-10 hours sleep a night and letting myself rest/lay down whenever I need to (if possible)
    2. Eating healthy for me, which is plenty of vegetables, protein, some complex carbs but little if any sweets.
    3. Meditation and mindfulness practice to stay in the here-and-now and not waste energy trying to fix the past or overly worrying about the future.
    4. Supplements: Centrum, vitamin d, b12, magnesium, zinc, c
    5. CoQ10 and d-Ribose seem to help, not so much with overall energy, but with my stamina and recovery for exercise. I'm extremely deconditioned and these may be helping me gain some ground back. I feel less short of breath on hills. (Can walk a mile at a time.)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.