Top of knee above knee cap

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am 10 weeks post op, I have gone back to work (I have a sit/stand/put leg up and ice job). I do get the swelling in the knee by the end of the day, not alot of pain. I come home and ice and elevate, then ride my stationary bike and stretch. I do have 120 degree bend and the leg is almost straight. The problem I am having is I have this really tight feeling above my knee cap on both sides of the incision. Does anyone else have this horrible feeling?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I remember it well - and many others said the same. It goes and it feels quite strange when it has gone! Sounds as if you are doing really well. 
  • Posted

Wow! I'm impressed with your progress. I'm 6 weeks post and can't wait to feel bettter. I did a bit of extra walking yesterday and paid for it dearly with excruciating pain around my knee and side of my leg. Leg swelled to twice it's size.

Good luck to you!! Don't over do!!

• Posted

I did that around 6 weeks, thought I could join my husband grocery shopping. What a mistake, big and painful knee. I still get some pain but that got alot better around 8 weeks. Hang in there.
  • Posted

I know a lot of surgeons don't push physical therapy, but I found the manual manipulation of the knee cap by a physical therapist has prevented this pain for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.