Topamax?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was prescribed Topamax today for Migraines. I’m supposed to take it at night before bed for 7 days, then twice a day after that. All I’ve heard were bad reviews. Has anyone else had luck with this medicine?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Hayley,

Some people do get on OK with this drug, but you are right many people dont.  But if it works for you dont worry about the bad reviews.  In taking any drug, you have to decide if the benefits out weigh the side effects, then you decide if it is worth it or not.

Good luck Hayley and let us know how you get on,

Best wishes

• Posted

Hi Hayley,

Yes there is many bad reviews. But I can tell you personally I take 50mg twice a day and it is amazing!

The side effects took some getting used to - dizziness, lack of concentration etc. But they were quite quick to disappear (few weeks) and this drug has been amazing for my migraines. All I really have now is a bit of fuzziness and pins and needles in hands and feet but it isn't all the time but it doesn't outweigh benefits. I myself can't go above 100mg a day as the side effects are too much and my brain is practically mush but my neurologist says people find their own tolerance levels to it.

I hope I have put your mind at ease somewhat! Good luck xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.