Topamax severe reaction

Posted , 3 users are following.

So last year I was taking topamax for my migraine. We were going up in doses starting at 25mg. Every week I would go use a dose. By the end of the month I started taking 100mg. That's when things got really weird. I felt off all day. I usually take my dose about 8am. Around 11am I felt the left side of my body tingle and feel odd. I was driving around town doing errands. I looked over my shoulder at my older daughter and smiled at her. She looked at me very scared and said my face. Only half is working. I felt my left arm go numb and didn't want to work. So I handed the phone to my kid and told her through slurred speech to call 911. I had my mom meet me in the parking lot and she drove me the Er. I didn't have a stroke but they told me that it was a reaction to the medicine.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

This medication is so bad it did terrible things to me I came off it

Have you stopped taking it

• Posted

Yes I did that day in fact. I had horrible withdrawal symptoms. Went into a state of confusion for a few days as it wore off. I will never touch that drug or anything like it again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.