TOPIRAMATE was described for weight loss but I haven't lost a LBP

Posted , 2 users are following.

Ive weighed the same thing , give ir take 5lbs in 4 months, but my hair has fallen out tremendously. I want to sue. Someone SHOULD pay for me going bald IN GHANA OUR MONTHS. Has anyone else filed a claim ?

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Above was TYPO. I 've gone bald in four MONTHS

• Posted

The drug is complex, having started life as an Epileptic drug it has slowly gone in to be used in all sorts of related conditions. It does not seem to work in one person in the same way that it works in another.

It is unlikely you will have a case for legal action as hair loss is not an unknown side effect.

The NIH (US National Institute for Health) list hair loss as a known side effect.

Over a four month time period perhaps you could have associated the hair loss with the Topamax and perhaps made a decision about the drug especially as by that time you knew it was not working weight wise.

There is a Facebook group. Topiramate (Topamax) Support UK...........which has slowly grown and pulled in people from all over the world. Hair loss is often mentioned. But you can talk to people about your issues.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.