Topiramate -withdrawal

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been on this medication for about 8 months.. it worked for my bipolar but that's not necessarily why the dr put me on it.. I was supposed to lose weight... to make a long story short.. I didn't ..so my doctor took me off of it..

She told me to quit cold turkey for a few reasons...

Well it's been 6 days since I've taken it and I can't stop shaking.. sweating.. having panic attacks constantly. .. itching... I've had withdrawal from meds before but this one is pretty bad... I don't really know how long its going to last or what else to expect...

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Wow! I was on 200mg per day and tapered down before I quit and I still had a fairly rough few days! I wish I knew what to tell you, but it's the devil of a drug and it disappoints me to see doctors prescribe it off label like weight loss. It severly effects your brain, moods and everything from hair loss to not being able to recall nouns mostly, but words! Again, I'm sorry.

• Posted

I'm in the same boat, except for the fact that I haven't came off yet. What dosage were you at when your dr instructed you to quit cold turkey? How are you doing now since you last posted?

M

• Posted

I'm great now.. but I had alot of problems coming off... I was on 500 mg

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.