Toprol xl

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi, i was wondering if toprol can cause anxiety ?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Well as a beta blocker it's supposed to more like relieve anxiety, have a calming effect, but beta blockers can have weird effects on people.

If you don't like the one, there are a dozen others to try. I've found atenolol pretty tolerable, but only at a tiny dose, the standard dose is way too much for me. I wonder if you're having possible problems with Toprol if a smaller dose might be something to try. Talk to the doctor, reducing beta blocker dosage needs to be done gradually.

• Posted

It caused me all kinds of problems, anxiety is one. My feet and legs itched all night, I had insomnia and acid reflux. It was horribly depressing. Getting off it gradually was the best thing I ever did. I just drink lots of hibiscus tea, exercise and take some herbal supplements.

• Posted

yes I felt like a suffocating feeling. the side effects are awful. my doctor switched me to Atenolol very low dose 12.5mg daily. Side effects are less but still there and hoping they get better with each day. It is only day 4 of switch and metoprolol could be still lingering for more time until the side effects subside completely. Hoping for the best.

• Posted

I have not heard of medicine causing anxiety. If anxiety comes it usually arrives because the person sank deeper into the bad mental state.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.