Torn frenulum, please help

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone!

I am 19 years old and I have torn my frenulum back in May, probably while I was rubbing my penis on my partner's belly, there was no lube involved. Since then I have read a lot about this thing, and just wanted to check in and see if anyone could help, it hurts when I put pressure on it, I rarely jerk off (once or twice a week). The only time it bled was when it got injured. There is a small white dot, it looks like a pimple and am curious about that as well, but I think I have always had that, long before I started having sex.

Here is the picture:

Thank you for your answers, and sorry if I said something incorrectly, English is not my first language.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Edited

Hi tom, yes your frenulum is very tight and short it has almost completely torn it would be best to have it released you should have your doctor check it out it wouldn't be a big job to have done. The spot is a Tyson spot some guys can have them

• Posted

Thank you for your answer!

I really don't want to have surgery now, what do you think would happen if I didn't go to the doctor?

• Posted

It would be very likely to tear again. The first time did it bleed much? as it can bleed quite a bit if it tears completely. It is a very common problem many guys have had there frenulum rip you doctor would be very familiar with this problem. it's nothing to be embarrassed about and he would advise you in what to do.

• Posted

It didn't bleed much, I actually didn't even feel when it happened I just couldn't ejaculate and then I went to the bathroom and noticed there was blood on my thighs and on my belly. After this we stopped, and it hasn't bled ever since.

• Posted

There is a vain in the frenulum it can bleed quite a bit when it breaks. when mine broke it bleed for a while but it did stop eventually and it healed up quite quickly. In your photo there doesn't seem to be much of the frenulum left it really shouldn't be a big job to have it released.

• Edited

Thank you for your answer. I guess this is the best option to have, I have already told my parents about it and will contact a doctor.

• Posted

Hey. I had it done last week. Now it kinda hurts when I start to pee sometimes, and I have this weird feeling after that there is some urine stuck and it won't come out, I don't know how to explain it. Is this normal? I think it is healing nicely tho, it didn't bleed since the surgery, it feels uncomfortable sometimes, but I feel like that's just normal. I quit smoking too, cuz I've heard it would heal quicker.

• Posted

Hi Tom, that's great you got sorted hopefully in a couple of weeks it should be healed up well. Was it a frenuloplasty?

You could have some swelling there but if you are concerned about it then consult with your GP in case of infection. It can feel uncomfortable for some time the skin might feel tight once you have healed I'd use some Bio-Oil and massage it every day and erections well help to stretch the skin. So if you think you might have an infection then get it checked out but otherwise take it easy for a couple of weeks.

• Posted

Yes, it was frenuloplasty. If anyone else is also reading this, it actually doesn't hurt, so if you feel like you need to have it, just go for it because the procedure is quick and painless. The injection hurts at the beginning but after that, you are numb.

When I came home it was swollen, but now it's fine, my foreskin is purple in one spot tho, but I guess that's normal (?). From what I've read, if it was infected, it would hurt so bad that I wouldn't even be able to walk, and that's not the case, peeing hurts only. Where the stitches are, It's not red, it is actually the color it is supposed to be, same with the head of the penis. I don't use any soap tho, I take two showers a day and I just pull back the skin and let the water slide down there. After that I dry it carefully and put some antibiotic liquid on it, that the doctor prescribed me. I don't take any painkillers either.

• Edited

Good stuff Tom I think you are well on the way to a full recovery. I'm glad you got it sorted and thanks for coming back to let everyone know how you got on I'm sure it will help others as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.