Torn Gluteus Minimus

Posted , 1 user is following.

I am dealing with a painful torn gluteus minimus tendon.  I was originally diagnosed with bursitus over 10 years ago.  Cortizone injections helped for a few years but eventually didn’t provide any relief.  In retrospect, I think all the injections probably contributed to my tear.  About a year ago I went to an Osteopath who specializes in Sports Medicine.  He first sent me for an MRI, which revealed the tear.  Damn.  He gave me a PRP injection and sent me to a fantastic Physical Therapist.  Worked hard for several months and seemed to improve, but was unable to reduce the nightime pain, which is sometimes excruciating.  Finally went to a surgeon.  She advised there was no surgeon in Bend, Oregon  who would operate arthroscopically.  She advised me to go back to  my DO and discuss another PRP injection.   Discussed that option and am still considering another PRP.  I’m not optomisitic that it will work.  There are surgeons in Portland, Oregon who perform orthroscopic surgery on conditions similar to mine.  I’m interested in hearing from someone who has dealt with this kind of problem & has had surgery.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.