Torn Labral Tear in Shoulder

Posted , 4 users are following.

My shoulder has been hurting on and off since October. When it would start hurting, I would stop working out for awhile, then start back. I finally decided to go to the doctor about it in February. He ordered an MRI, which showed a labral tear and tendonitis in the shoulder. I was referred to an ortho surgeon, and am waiting to get a call from them. I have googled this, and have found many different treatment types. Has anyone experienced a torn labral? I read where surgery isn't always needed. I know it is a case-by-case situation, but I am just curious about what others like me have experienced. I am very healthy and love working out, which has been limited over the last 6 months. Not working out hasn't shown any improvements, and my arm has been constantly popping if I move it, and has a very dull pain almost daily.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

My son (age 47) just had this surgery done for a torn labrum?? It's been 4 weeks and he is doing great. We go to physical therapy together because I had torn rotator cuff, bicep re-attachment, and scraping of the collar bone and ball joint. He is breezing through the therapy and I only have almost half of the range he has and it's been 12 weeks for me (age 74). He feels so good that he does too much. If you do require the surgery don't be too worried about the recovery. Everyone with rotator cuff surgery might scare you but I've been privy to both and my son is now pain free other than a little soreness from surgery which is of course natural. I wish you luck and hope you don't need it but if you do you'll love the relief. Good Luck

• Posted

I tried physical therapy and injections first to see if mine would heal on it's own. It got worse and I eventually had surgery. I had tear, bone spurs and tendon reattached.I dont know if I done more damage waiting . It is better after surgery but not 100%

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.