Torn meniscus? (MRI included)

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was in MRI few days ago, and yesterday I got my pics. Radiology hasn't viewed them yet, and I'll go to see orthopedic on next weeks thursday.

I have strong opinon, that my (lateral) meniscus has torn. I think I'm able to see it on my own in that picture.

You can see the image by clicking the link below.

What do you think about?

Moderator comment:I have deleted the links to the images as they went to a site unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. Users can upload images directly to this site by using the icon at the top right of reply boxes.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

We're not docs.  We don't diagnose from jpeg images.  Know that an MRI may or may not be conclusive.  I had four such occurrences followed by four knee scopes to find the actual problem.  It's all up to your orthopedic surgeon.

• Posted

I had torn meniscus 8 years ago , MRI looked not too bad , when I had arthroscopy I was told I had done too much damage and would need replacement.I limped for 18 mths then went to another surgeon who said to do it , a full not a half , as first one suggested a half , but I went with a full because didn’t want to then have a full done later . The worse thing I did was wait as it out stress on other knee that 7 years later needed replacing . You may be lucky and they can tidy it up . You will have to wait and see . Good luck
  • Posted

Hopefully you are lucky and it can be tidied up but I know sometimes a meniscus doesn't look or even feel that bad but leaving it from my own experience can lead to full knee replacement. Hope this isn't too bad for you. Good Luck smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.