Torn off nail

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've tried to reach my charger under the bed, but I've hit my nail on one of the screws, that were in there. My nail was completely torn off (only the part of the nail on that skin under nail). What do I do? I've desinficated it, and I've put bandage to connect it somehow yet.File size is too big

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

nothing, ouch. When I was a kid I played soccer and my my toenail on my right foot was constantly pounding into shoes/ball. mine fell off many x's and grew right back.

• Posted

Hi. gosh, that sounds so painful! You're doing the right thing. Signs of infection would be increasing pain and redness. If you're at all concerned, see a dr. Hope it heals soon!

Melissa

• Posted

actually, it doesn't hurt at all, it only hurt like 4 seconds, ans then it was fine. I went to doctor and he said, that I'll be fine.

• Posted

so you had the answer, it's fine, but posted

• Posted

Good job. You may want to change the bandage every day or two to make sure everything is going well and no infection has set in.

• Posted

Cover the nail with tape or an adhesive bandage until the nail has grown out enough to protect the finger or toe. If you trim off the detached nail

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.