Torsades de Pointes!?!!!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey all,

So I've been taking Cit for 10 day now and I feel so much better, the side effects have pretty much gone (apart from the constant yawning lol and the shakes for the first few hours after taking cit) and im up from 10mg to 20mg, and I really do feel a difference.

So stupid me decided to read aboutthe side effects of Cit and I read about Torsades de Pointes,  and now I'm freaked out, I started having palpitations 6 yearsago I guess and I have been worried about them for years, thats part of the reason  started having panic attacks, so now as a person who suffers from anxiety I feel like all I'm going t think about is this, I also have bulimia,  and I notice tdp is also associated with abnormal electrolytic lvls which is something you get with bulimia, they also say the type of meds Cit is can cause tdp. SO yes im utterly freaked out , can someone please tell me I'm being a paranoid idiot please. Or shed some light on tdp.

Thanks youx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sarah,

First great news that you feel so much better,  Second, keep positive i'm sure you will not develope the others and will go from strength to strength. If your worried go back to your doctor and i'm sure they will be able to help releive your fears (I know standard response see your gp etc). I have only experianced 2 side effects so far, so hopfully you will be ok. please keep us updated on how your doing and i wish you all the best.

• Posted

Hi, I also got a bit freaked out about the side afftects and tried dropping the dose from 20mg to 10mg but then I realised how much I need the meds at the moment. Its not easy to block out all the negative stuff about side affects but as you have already seen an inprovement from taking ct it may be best to carry on. If you were to stop or reduce at the moment you would probably have far worse panic attacks.
    • Posted

The other side effects don't really bother me, Torsades de Pointes, that can cause sudden death! I can deal with the other ones they will not kill me lol. 
  • Posted

Hi good u are already feeling better, its still early days u will find u will keep getting better , and better every week, as they take long to make u fully recover.
  • Posted

Sarah too late now but quit reading about side effects lol. I think with anxiety/panic it makes us all into a little bit of a hypochondriac . For instance I've been on 20 mg cit for 4 weeks now & have had 4 good days in a row finally but I find myself basically anticipating the next panic/anxiety attack! It's crazy & I'm just trying to go with the flow & realize maybe I really am back to "normal".   Anyway I'm just trying to say don't stew on the negative & quit reading about things that "could" happen. Hopefully you will just feel better & better smile
    • Posted

You're totally right!  I have turned into a paranoid hypochondriac since I started having anxiety and panic attacks a few years ago,  it so, so annoying. I rarely ever went to the doctors but now with anxiety I go so much more lol. I do wish I never read that little leaflet lol.

But yes I'm just gonna go with the flow, thanks for the advice :-) xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.