Tos

Posted , 3 users are following.

Had tos on right side and had surgery to remove it over 10 years ago. They called it dead arm due to having blood cut off when i moved it or raised it at all. Had migraines, numbing, and needle pain. That rib grue all the way to the front of my rib caige. I just had the same surgery at the end of December. It caused dystonia on the left side. But im still having the same problems that i had before surgery. It took 5 years to get this done. I may have perminet damage from it. My sister had the same thing and surgery. They say it is genetic.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi had both my cervical ribs taken out 2015. But unfortunately my pain has got even worse. Can't use my right arm due to numous. And left arm pins and needles. And now been told c5 and c6 collapse in neck. So have not workedit for over a year now. Awaiting more ops.

• Posted

Wow. Sorry you are going through that. I still have problems with the left side. Right side did well. Do any of your family have the same problems? Do you get migrains? I lost my last job due to this. They said i was a liability. The job made it worse. I worked in a warehouse.
  • Posted

I'm supposed to have my surgery on May 25th. The surgeon says I should be up and back to work within 4 weeks. It's odd to me that he says that because I haven't come across a board or group yet that has actually had the surgery that says they bounced back so soon. They say the cervical rib I have is huge (it's been years of not knowing what it was...just could feel a mass when I touched my neck on the left side). They also say they have to remove my first rib and any damaged tissue (I have suffered for over 13 years now and was given incorrect advice).

I know everyone is different but is 4 weeks logical? Like I said, I haven't come across anyone that has said they were up and ready in that timeframe.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.