TOS hand cramp

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I had first rib resections and scalenotomy spring last year and although my pain is 80% better I still get terrible hand and elbow cramp when I write or type. I'm lying down typing this now and within a few seconds it becomes almost impossible to type much more. Has anyone else had this problem?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jules, I had the exact same op coming into the 8th month now. Mine is also I'd say around 80% reduced symptoms. My arm and hand feel like they still fill up like heavy crampy uncomfortable feeling. I think maybe a tad worse since surgery. I'm sure my arm goes dead quicker texting or in the shower washing my hair more easily now. I don't know why. I'm due to see my surgeon that's one of my questions anyway, so I'll let you know the answer to that smile but I'd swap this over that horrible pain anyday!

• Posted

Hi I've got TOS but no cervical rib. I'm currently waiting to have surgery to remove my first rib.

?I find that I get pain down my whole arm and sometimes my fingers go numb when i try to type.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.