Total abdominal hysterectomy

Posted , 4 users are following.

i an 64 and last tue had a total abdominal hysterectomy and removal of a very large cyst behind my uterus. there is no cancer. i was lucky

day 6. i feel so bloated today more the usual. the area where the stitches are seems to be hurting me today. i hope im not alone feeling this way

cindy from houston

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

HI! I TOO FELT BLOATED AND EXTREMELY SORE. DO BELIEVE YOU WILL BE TENDER FOR QUITE A WHILE. IT IS SO WORTH FEELING BETTER. MY BEST WISHES ARE WITH YOU.

• Posted

Hello Cindy

I remember when I was about 18&fell pregnant & when my mum found out (all the usual symptoms) she whisked me up the abortion clinic before I could say speedy gonzales & when I woke up back in my bed after it I felt bloated & very tender indeed

• Posted

Hi Cindy. Oh yes of course -it happened when I ws 18 -Im 51 now -it happened a heck of a long time ago -

Im older & wiser back then I was immature

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.