Total diffrent person on alcohol

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello when I drink alcohol I become a very diffrent person and I hate it.I become cheeky to everyone and my girlfriend hates it, I used to be OK when I drank but now I turn into someone else, does anyone else have the same problem.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

A lot of people change when they drink and yes, it may not have affected you early in life, but prolonged exposure to alcohol can chemically change people.

There are various mentalhealth problems associated with drinking, especially it impairs a healthy eating habit.

Just like everything else in life, that is bad for you,it will eventually catch up with you. Some are more resistent/resillient than others, just depends on the person.

• Posted

Thanks for getting in touch and for your information

• Posted

I never believed I changed either until my husband at the time tape recorded me.

​He kept saying I was "mean".  I was NEVER a "mean" drunk.  But, when they would try to take my drinks away so I couldn't have them...he said I became VICIOUS and escpecially to my kids.  I didn't believe it.

​He taped it...and for sure he was right.  That was a real eye opener for me. You should has your girlfriend to tape you when she thinks you are being "cheeky"...so you can hear it for yourself.  It will definetly change how you think about drinking.

• Posted

Thanks for getting back to me and that sounds a grest idea I will do that thanks
    • Posted

Its a bad idea...LOL.

​But, good for your drinking...because once you HEAR yourself...you can never forget it...deny it....etc.

​Tell her to do it when you don't know about it.  That is when it will be most valuable.

• Posted

Lol, will most defenelty cringe when hearing it back no doubt but sounds like it will be a real eye opener.
  • Posted

Yes I used to be a normal drinker but something changed they it's progressive. I wish I could help you I feel so sad for anyone going through this. We don't mean any harm but we are not are selfes when we've reached that point. They say we have to let go of our guilt or it will bring us back to drunk. I say if give up you'll never know - but that only worked for 10 days for me and I told myself I could be a normal drinker again. HaHa. Nope - just be kind to yourself that's all I'm trying to do
  • Posted

Hi kevin..quite normal and we all start becoming clever know it all and do not speak to me since I always know best...(when i am drunk this is!!) what to say?? try drinking less but I do not know at all what your issues are and how much you drink daily or weekly..best of luck Robin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.