Total Dispair

Posted , 4 users are following.

First time on here. I am a 43 woman. I suffered anxiety about 16 years ago due to childhood trauma and it has recently come back to haunt me with depression. I had a complete nervous breakdown about 2 weeks ago now. I was put on antidepressants and am only on day 14. I feel like they started to work instantly, i wasn't feeling great just not suicidal. I was more nutral to everything. However the last 2 days have been absolute hell. My anxiety is back and I can't get out of my head (if that makes sense). I am so scared...i just don't know what to do when i feel like this. is it normal to start feeling worse 2 weeks into meds. Any ideas on how to calm myself when i am in absolute dispair. My anxiety also feels very different since being on meds, did anyone else also experience this? My head won't even let me breath through my dispair. help please

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi it is normal to feel worse on meds before they fully kick in.  This will take between 4-6 weeks.  Didn't your doctor tell you this?   Perservere if you can as things should get better soon.

• Posted

Hi Hypercat. thanks for your reply. They did but i have just been thrown as i was feeling ik the first 2 weeks and now the last few days feel absolute dispair. gone back to having no appatite and can't sleep. Took valium last night and still couldn't sleep.

• Posted

Hi trish how u feeling? Ive been well for 12 or more weeks now crashing xxxx
    • Posted

Hi amanda

I think the meds are slowly kicking in now. The doctors have also put me on seroquel to sleep which is helping too. My days are not so dark atm. Have you been back to the doctors to see if you need to make changes to your meds? I'm so sorry your feeling bad. Xx

• Posted

Never mind me xxxx yr improving thats so great xxxx really pleased for ya babe xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.