total hip replacement

Posted , 2 users are following.

I just had a total hop replacement done on may 4...I'm very excited that now I have no more pain and don't have to depend on pills to start my day..only thing is that I'm about 7 weeks into it and about to break😐I'm very frustrated cause I can't walk right even with a cane...I go to therapy 3 times a day...and they tell me my leg is stiff and try stretch it out but after I go home I feel so sore...I'm afraid I'm not going to walk right cause I don't have a good balance...

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lizzy,

I have operated both hips. After first operation, I took homeopatic remedy ARNICA 30C, but it would be very good that you get advice from homeopatic doctor. And also check vains in your leg. after a month of operation I had been on magnet treatment and I have excersies once a day, this lasted for 3 weeks, and after that I was walking normaly, without any help.

Good luck!

• Posted

Thanks Milan,

I'm going to ask my therapist about magnet treatment...I'm sorry I meant to write 3 times a week I have therapy...on August 13 I get my right hip done next..I'm excited to get this over with...I'm walking on a cane but real slow cause my good leg isn't helping my operated leg..so I use the cane on the surgery side...I'm 33 and frustrated cause I can't enjoy my 2 yr old as much as I want...but I have a very supportive family...I can't conplain...once again thanks for ur advice...I'm going to try that arcina 30c tomorrow asap..I'm glad to here your recovery went good 😊

• Posted

Hi Lizzy,

You have similar situation as I did, I have operated right hip on 3rd Dec2014 and left on 18th Feb 2015. I also wanted to get over with, but because of that thinking I had big problems with my second hip. I am from Serbia, and my surgeon is very good, so after the operation, day 0 I was in bed, day 1-3 I was walking with both crutches, day 4-5 only with one crutch but on the side that was not operated. Because you need to stand on that leg not with 100% weigth, but to make the muscles of that leg work and to become stronger. The point is in December right leg operated and stik and crutch in left hand. when you are walking first stand on your heel and then on tows like when you have walked when you were OK, bend your knee while you are walking. The point is walk like "normal" but use cane. On the internet you can find lot of work out for the hip, try working alone slowely. The magnet therapy, I think was not the dominant, but the training was. In the period between December and February I was training both legs, right because it was operated and I have to be stabile and secure and to walk witout cane or anything, and left because I would faster recover and stand on my feet and walk if my muscles are prepared. That is true.

About the problem with left leg. I was prepared, very soon, about 14-21 days after surgery I was walking without the cane or any help, and I felt that everything is OK. The right hip was like that was never operated and like that is my old hip, but just before the 1st of May, automaic door hit my left leg and I felt thet it was dislocated partially, because I have managed to replace it. This happened several times after that, but the hip just went out of its place, while I was standing,no fast and extreme moves. A month ago after similar episode I felt down and the left hip was dislocated totaly, ER, gypsum on my left leg for first 14 days, more 14 daysallowed to move only in the house with crutches, and then my surgeon said OK next 6 weeks take care, no sudden moves of any kind, it was a week ago. Now the problem is that muscles in left, problematic hip are damaged more then it was after the operation, and to heal it needs the proces of several weeks and months. My point is PLEASE BE PATIENT, AND REALIZE THIS IS NOT YOUR HIP, you have to be careful. Don't run to get back to your normal life, to do all the things you had done before, give yourself and your body time to heal, and understand that you have mechanical hip. 

One more thing, the moment I got from OR, my first visit was my wife with ARNICA 30c, I did took it and it was easier with recovery. See your homeopatic therapist and prepare for the next chalange. By the way I am 56 years old, it means that your younger body will heal much faster, but give it time.

Good luck and all the best from Milan

• Posted

Hi Milian,

Thanks for your story...my sister finds it weird that I chat on line about this..but I find this real supportive for me...I'm sorry to here about your dislocation, Im very happy your recovery is going great..my dr. Scheduled my right hip right away..yes I do want to get over and done with but your 100 percent right, I need to be calm about this...my husband and kids are in MN and I'm stuck here in TX waiting to recover and get my other surgery on August..they will be back in December and I'm just counting the days.. but I'm going to be patient so that way in December I'll be painfree with my family...thank you so much, at times it feels good talk about this to somebody you don't know but can relate to you too....

Once Again Thank You

LIZZY 😊

• Posted

Hi Lizzy,

Be brave and patient, and be very careful while practicing, not to hurt yourself. The time will pass anyway and try to use it in the best way.

Thank you for this opportunity to help you with my experience.

All the best to you and your family,

Milan

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.