Total hip replacement on both sides

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi there ,

I have seen the surgeon and he has told me i need a total hip replacement on both sides.

He told me i would be a urgent high priority case and i have filled out my pre op questionaire.

I wondered if anyone else could tell me what happens now or if anyone else had the same thing.

Thank you

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

I had hip replacement on both sided but i would not do both at the same time. not unusual for both hips with osteo or other reasons.

Just for clarification.. are you saying your surgeon is doing both hips at the same time ........ or your approved for one hip replacement now and the other hip also needs THR later?

• Edited

Not sure how things go in UK, but I had bilateral hip replacement and if you are deemed a good candidate, I say jump on it.

One surgery experience, one recovery period... One happy double hippy here!

• Edited

jumping on it is not of any value.

every patient is different . exercising time to research THR procedure and healing accessment and learning the importance of understanding the procedure is far more valuable than jumping into any surgery.

plz do one hip at a time. my surgeon had repeatedly expressed , if not absolutely necessary then one hip at a time is appropriate.

• Edited

ive had both done as had hip dysplasia and got to point it had to be done.

however I had one done 2019 and next was scheduled for March 2020 but covid hit.

I wouldn't recommend both at same time. you need to split the ops up to give you some recovery time imo.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.