TOTAL HIP REPLACEMENT PAIN

Posted , 6 users are following.

Having pain in my thigh. I had a posterior THR january 9th of 2018. Everything was going well until the last month. I have this weird pain which is more annoying then pain. It feels like restless leg syndrome kind of pain. I went back to work 2 months ago and now I have this pain. I dont know what has caused this pain but I do not like it at all. Nothing is helping. Some people say is healing pain from the metal that they put in my femur. Some say is the soft tissue growing around the implant. I do not like this pain at all. Not happy. Please help.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I am following. I had TRHR March 15. 

Been back to work for about a month.  Gradual the first week or so.  

Pain is so weird always during g night time.  

I get slight relief when I stretch out lengthwise while laying down,  as far as I can stretch,  but it comes back right away.  

Not sure if that’s the same as yours, but it aches when I try and sleep a lot.  Don’t  notice so much when active.  

Asked Physio they just shrugged and said I might be doing to much.  

I don’t think so as it happens all the time

• Posted

I had my THR 3 years ago and have constant pain in my femur that started about a year ago. I have heard some have to have the stem replaced. I went to the surgeon, he said there was no movement in the stem and if it persist to come back and he will do more test.

it doesnt hurt at all sitting or laying down only when I take a step, which is all day long. it's a shooting pain.

I was told at first that I would feel pain from the bone adhering to the stem. but 3 years later. I dont think so.

• Posted

I had a RTHR posterior approach on January 3, 2018. I'm still going to PT twice a week and do an hours worth of strengthening exercises for my legs because I am still limping. I have experienced many different types of pain - down my shins, in my knees, my thighs, my butt, my back - but it changes all the time, which I hope is a good thing.I'm still not able to walk as far as I used to before my surgery - 2+ miles with my dogs - but I've been told everyone heals differently & it takes time. My scar is still painful, but my chiropractor & PT work on it at every visit to break up the scar tissue, which I guess contributes to the pain. I've never been through a major surgery before so this is all new to me. This forum has been great to hear about everyone's experiences with their surgeries. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.