Total hip revision

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a Thr left side in March 2018. have been having issues where unable to walk severe pain in the last 4 months, then slowly gets better, this has happened three times now, seen my doctor and have had the xrays followed by a bone scan ,found it to be loosened in stem area . now in need of a revision. I had the anterior approach before now they say will have to go from the back side. anyone had a revision in less than a year , or anything related. I plan to have this in three weeks, just dread the healing process again.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Richard

I am now in the same boat with the severe pain, which slowly gets better. You learn how to deal with it as in how to sit up when getting out of bed, how to get up from a chair, even walking. BUT, you know the stem is loose and that means another revision. My problem only started around 10 days ago and at first I just thought it would pass but has recurred several times since. I see my surgeon urgently next week and he asked me to have an xray prior to seeing him. My last revision was 2 years ago (I have had 3 replacements, 1 due to a faulty hip) so I am a little luckier than you but not looking froward to the healing process again, like yourself.

All the very best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.