Total hip surgery cannot rsise my right leg 6 weeks today have lost all muscle in my leg.

Posted , 3 users are following.

THR on 12.19.2017. Cannot rsise my right leg when laying on my back. Leg feels like its asleep and have a burning pain from quad to my ankle. Doc says 3 more weeks will do EMG. Am not happy and afraid this could be permanent.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Dear Covington.

Has this been like it from directly after your surgery and if not when did it start? Are you able to do any of the other exercises you were given to do? What approach did you have? Hopefully someone here will be able to suggest something helpful.

All the best, Richard

• Posted

It took me nearly six months of physical therapy after my THR to be able to raise my leg while lying on my back. For me it has not been permanent, but I must do the exercises regularly or I will see an instant regression. It is so frustrating, I know! Be patient with yourself and ask your therapist what you can do to see that muscle strengthened and maintain a range of motion. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.