Total Hysterectomy

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello Ladies,

New here. I am 4 wks and 4 days post op. I had a very large Tumor on my right Ovary. During surgery of course my Oncologist sent it to Pathology and it came back as Ovarian Cancer. She then took all my female parts, which is what I wanted to begin with. She also took my Appendix and numerous Lymph Nodes. Everything else besides the Tumor was Benign, thank god. I found this site as I was looking for answers to still having pain in my upper abdomen. I had a pretty large cut from my pubic area to about 2 inches below my belly button, I spent 5 days in the Hospital with no visitors allowed d/t my surgery being March 23, 2020 during the Coronavirus. It was super lonely. Thank you ladies for putting your stories on here and I feel better hearing that most of you are still having the same symptoms that I am at this point of post op. God bless all of you.

Kristi

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

Hi Kristi,

4 weeks post surgery is no time at all in respect to recovery after such a big op! Just take your time and definitely don't do any lifting of any sort - plenty of rest and just little potterings around your house and garden and things will improve in no time at all. We use muscles we never knew we had after surgery to compensate for the ones we have difficulty using straight after the op.

Will you need to have further treatment? My Niece, 23, was diagnosed with a rare ovarian cancer in January after surgery to remove a huge growth. Next week will be her 5th and hopefully last chemo.

Wishing you oodles of good things ahead.

Much love

xxxx

• Posted

Hi Shazzy,

I was diagnosed with a rare type also called Mucinous Expansive tumor. My Oncologist said that with that type I do not have to do Chemo. Thank you so much for your response. It's very scary once you have a Cancer Diagnosis and to not think is there more hiding somewhere. She does want me to get a Colonoscopy and Upper GI this June just to make sure. Prayers for your niece.

Much Love,

Kristi

• Posted

Hi Kristi, I just wanted to say I am so sorry you had to go through that and I hope you heal completely & never have to worry about the "C" again...the incision should be healed well but, you had extensive surgical intervention inside...be patient, you will get there...lots of people here if you ever need support or want to chat, hope you have a full speedy recovery, BEST WISHES & PRAYERS💒🌈🎶♾💞🐾🍀☮

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.