Total hysterectomy including ovaries - so tired

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have three weeks now after a laprascopic (three upper abdo incisions) hysterectomy including ovaries and cervix. So all of it gone ?? I have no idea if any of it came out vaginally because I have no memory of discussion after the op with my surgeon. I am struggling with extreme tiredness. Like ridiculously tired. Also by 3 weeks how active should I be? It's quite confusing. Also feeling quite emotional today. ??

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

You are still in the early stages and just need to take short walks and just light duties mo hoovering yet I was tried after I had adoninal hysterectomy just take care and don't do too much too soon ??

• Posted

Its a lot to go through and you will be tired for a while after.i would get your gp to check your haemaglobin...i bled during my op and became anaemic afterwards which obviously can make you tired too...x
  • Posted

I had same op as well as A&P repair and a tvt 16wks ago. I didn't suffer too much with tiredness but I was very emotional. You have to think they have taken your ovaries away so no hormones being produced have you need put on hrt? I was put on it within 5days and still emotional so if you're not on anything your emotions will be all over the place. It may be worth you speaking to your GP as like someone else said you may be iron deficient. Hope you start to pick up soon but don't expect miracles too soon. You take care. X

• Posted

I also had this same surgery last Tuesday 8/2/2016, And I feel pretty good. still a little sore and bloated, Dr put me on Estradiol 2 mg. since they took my ovaries and I haven't gone through menopause. the only time I'm tired is when I take a pain pill ( they knock me out ) If I were you I'd call and talk to your Dr.  also when do you go back for a check up ? I have a 2 week check up. good luck

• Posted

Hi, I am having a total hysterectomy next week on the 24th. I am so worried about not having bladder control. Have you had a problem with that? I also have MS but I just am so worried also with constipation after surgery. I would love your input. I am nervous but this need to be done. Ugh! 
    • Posted

Hi Kate. I was really worried about bladder and bowel issues. I have been fine on the bladder front and they did quite extensive surgery on my bladder as well to remove endometriosis and adhesions. So there was a risk of problems afterwards. But I was absolutely fine. I did get a little constipated but I took one Senna tablet at night and the next day normal service was resumed! I'm not going to say it was a pleasant experience because it wasn't. But I've been through a lot worse. I think the anticipation is far worse than reality though. I don't tolerate codine so I had no pain relief after the IV morphine other than paracetamol - and to be honest I didn't really need that. Avoiding codine is one thing to consider if you are worried about constipation as it does without question do that to the body. Just take it one day at a time and loads of luck to you! Xx

• Posted

Hi Kate, I just had a total Hysterectomy on 8/2/2016 and just went for my 2 week check up yesterday and Dr said everything was looking good.

I had a catheter during and after surgery, they took it out the next morning. I felt like I had to pee real bad, but when I'd go it seemed like it took a few minutes for it to start flowing.. but that was only for a day, then it was back to normal. as for the constipation , I was taking Oxycodone - 1 about every six hours I also was taking 1- 2mg estradiol and 2 stool softners a day. well I was still constipated ( not to where I couldn't go ) but it was uncomfortable to go. so I quit taking the pain pills and just started taking Advil. and all is good. I'm even back to work. good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.