Total Knee Replacement.

Posted , 11 users are following.

I had TKR 15 days ago.i cannot believe the constant pain. Nights are worse, I can't sleep .i ice 4 or 5 times a night. So glad I installed a small freezer in the bedroom. I do the exercises & can get 90 degrees. Can anyone tell me when the pain subsides. I'm on Paracetamol,codeine & ibuprofen. 

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had TKR nearly 5 years ago and had this problem with sleeping for quite a while afterwards.

Try sleeping with a pillow either underneath the knee or between your legs (or both).

5 years on I can assure you that the pain does subside but I can't remember how long it took for that to happen.

I went to sleep initially when I went to bed but would then wake up about an hour later with my knee reaslly aching and it took me ages to go to sleep again.

I have always been a good sleeper so this was a real shock to me something I just had not considered.

• Posted

hi Sarah, this happens to me ,I go to sleep but awake every hour. I love it when it's 4.am so I can listen to my favourite radio presenter till 7. The I start my day. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.