Total knee replacement

Posted , 9 users are following.

It's now 3 weeks since my top operation and I am still in constant pain. My GP has given me Tramodol to try and help but it isn't doing very much to ease it sad

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I took Zaldiar, a mixture of paracetamol and tramadol, so you can be sure that the combination is quite safe.  With tramadol it is important to take them regularly and not wait for the pain to return before taking them. I know the pain never goes away, but the tramadol should alleviate it a bit.  don't wait until it begins to get bad again before taking another capsule. At three weeks, it is perfectly normal to be experiencing quite a lot of fairly severe  pain, and it is likely to continue for several weeks yet.  Freedom from any pain can take months . . . 

• Posted

Thank you so much for replying. I must admit I think I have been waiting to long before taking the next dose. I'Lloyd try what you suggest. Thanks again smile

• Posted

Oh, it's a disaster to wait too long!  Once the pain has got hold of you, it's very hard to control.  Just make sure you don't run out of tramadol . .when you stop taking it, you will need to do so slowly, cutting down the dosage., otherwise you are likely to get some rather unpleasant side effects. 

• Posted

You might as well be taking M&Ms. tramadol don't work. Have your doctor to give you something stronger.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.