Total knee replacement

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hi im jason im 43 year old who just had a tkr on right knee on the 11th of april 2017 ,just wondering if what im feeling is normal ,im so depressed ,was suffering major depression before the op now im 100 times worse ,im stuck in a lying down position all day and night i cant lift my leg at all i cant tense my quad muscle i can bend it at all when im walking around on a frame the pain is unbearable,it feels like its going to collapse,when i try to bend it it feels like its going to snap and the back of my leg from my bum to my calf is black with bruising ,im trying to do the exercises but cant manage anything,is this a normal experience to be feeling,has any one got any advice or have had the same experience,im so concerned about it

0 likes, 74 replies

74 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi people its been quiet a while since of been on here ,8 and a half months on from my tkr ,and my news isnt that great ,after 5 months i have developed a pain in the lateral side of knee which has sent me backwards ,i got knee to 125 degree bend ,surgeon was amazed cause he could only get 90 degree bend on the operating table ,but since this pain has developed i have severve swelling and have lost a great deal of degrees bending it ,it restricts me from walking as the pain is quiet severe as well ,my surgeon tried me on anti inflammatory tablets ,didnt work ,he has drained it and it felt worse by the time i got home the fluid was all back he has injected it twice with cortisone,hasnt helped this has been going on for 3 and a half months ,two surgeons how now decided they need to operate ,my knee has never felt right and always was giving me pain on the medial side due to a complicated surgery,but now the lateral side is 100 times worse with pain ,feels like its going to snap it gives way and the pain from walking and weight bearing nearly brings me to tears ,im still suffering mentally with depression and im struggle at the best of times ,i really am starting to worry about the surgery coming up ,just struggling all round ,has anyone had similar trouble to whats happening to me ,id love to hear about it,thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.