Total knee replacement

Posted , 2 users are following.

It is almost 9 months since I had my left knee replaced

I was getting on fine till I had a  bout of viral fever almost two months back

I continue to have swelling  about 10 percent more than my my right knee,There is stiffness and  bearable pain at various places in and around knee

I regularly go for 45 minutes walk in the morning in addition I play 9 holes of golf on alternate days

Should I wait for some more time hoping that it will get better in due course or I need to consult an orthopedist ?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Not sure what you mean by Virgil fever but you need to get to the ortho at once. The metal in the prosthesis can be a magnet for any kind of infection. Swelling and unusual heat should be discounted as unimportant. I've been through 2 staph infections and believe me, they are serious. This isn't just an attempt to scare you but only to tell you that a call to your Dr isn't going to be laughed at.

• Posted

It was Viral fever.About 2 months back there was unexpected rain and I had got soaked.For next four days I was down with fever.

There is no reddishness and no unusual  heat.

There is no pain while sitting.It is painful while sleeping and when the knees touch each other.When I   start walking it is slightly more but it comes to bearable level after walking for about100 yards or so

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.