Total Knee Replacement

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I am due to have TKR done in April, For the last 3 years I have been diagnosed with PPS. One Neuro Dr advised me not to have it done, The other Dr said it will be fine. Had Hip Replacement done 2 years ago, I am pain free, but I am very weak on my Hip. I really don't know whether to haveTKR done, Incase more Muscle and nerve damage will occur. Desperately need some advice x

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello Nell,

What a difficult thing to decide.  Not sure why you are "due to have TKR" as you are pain free....

I only know that surgeons do seem scared of PPS sufferers due to the anaesthetic - mine was afraid I would not wake up!  You may not even be having a general, you do not say, but this is my thought...My general went perfectly all right, no problem at all.

I think my surgeon looked up PPS on the Net and scared himself!

Sadly our weakness does not improve with age.

Sorry not to be much help, but I really do wish you well.

Best wishes, Marion

• Posted

I totally understand your concern. I had polio when I was 5 am 75 now. My leg was very crooked so I had tTNR 10 years ago. In 3/18 I had to have a part replaced as my knee became.very instable the surgeon said TNR was loose. I think if I had to all over again I would not have done it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.