Total knee replacement

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi would like to know if you have hamstring issues tendon n ligaments 2 year this jan i got it done any sort of support you can wear doing physio which is helping and exercise as well. I work as a catering assistant which involves standing im also going to as my physio when i go 2nd jan.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I am still having tendon problems at the back of my knee and swollen calves. I saw a couple of physios and the last one gave me some elastic support bandage which made things so much better. It has to be the right size for your calves but makes it feel much better. Good luck

• Posted

This is so strange as I too am 2 years post tkr and have been having terrible hamstring issues hope to receive some responses which can help

• Posted

my hamstrings are very tight and have tendonitis in them but my ortho said my hips are very bad and thats why my knees are so stiff?

• Posted

corri my hips are fine just the hamstring tendon n ligaments have not attached but im doing physio which started in September n she did say to me they might attached but it will take 2yrs or they my not.

• Posted

I am just passed the one-year point having had bilateral knee replacement December 10th of 2018 and still have some issues with hamstrings. However, I saw a naturopath who suggested that I use castor oil on my legs and it has made a huge difference. Here is what I have found success with, I rub castor oil on my knees, hamstrings and any other area of my leg that I feel any tightness. I then wrap my legs with Saran Wrap, or any plastic wrap, and then apply a heating pad to the areas that have castor oil on them. When I wake up in the morning the tightness and inflammation is usually gone. It took about a week for me to feel a big difference but it has helped tremendously and castor oil is very inexpensive so it is one of the least expensive things I have tried so far that actually worked

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.